[vtkusers] Interaction using vtkRenderWindowInteractor

stoptv stoptv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 13:19:51 EDT 2006

On 4/17/06, Kjeld Vestberg Hansen <kjeld at aub.dk> wrote:

> Hi Ashley
>
> You should use a vtkCommand instead of then you can get yours
> OnLeftButtonDown event to be excurse direct on an object. You use the method
> AddObserver and RemoveObserver and you schall only implement execute in
> the class the inherent from vtkCommand.
>
> Best regards Kjeld

This is exactly the problem I am trying to solve. Would you please be so
kind to elaborate?

Are you telling us we should:

1. create a callback function.
2. create a vtkCallbackCommand object
3. assign the callback function to vtkCallbackCommand (ie
vtkCallbackCommand->SetCallback( callback ))

4. what next? where do we use AddObserver?

Thank you in advance!

stoptv at gmail.com