[vtkusers] Clicking an Actor to change it's Properties

stoptv stoptv at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 07:25:20 EDT 2006

I am using VTK (c++) to create a CMYK color mixer.

Imagine four cylinders representing color primaries: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow
and White.
And a fifth cylinder representing the resulting color.

My question is: how do I change an actor's property (ie. color) with a left
mouse click?

I do not need any other interaction and I do know how to adjust the color.
What I'm having trouble with is catching the clicked object.

Any suggestions, pointers, pseudocode would be very welcome indeed!

Thank you,
stoptv at gmail.com