[vtkusers] mutiple imageactor transparency probem

Ugur BOZKAYA u.bozkaya at fmcon.com
Sun Apr 16 03:51:00 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have 3 imageactor rendered in the same window. I want to give transparency
to them. They are intersecting actors. Orthogonal view of 3 slices from a
volume data. I have the below code. My problem is that the transparency is
ok on the x and y axis. But on Z axis it is opaque. When you look to the x-y
plane from top or bottom the other side is not shown. Bu there is no problem
on the other planes. Is it a bug or should a call any function explicitly to
give transparency in Z dimension?

thanx

lookuptable

TransTable->SetHueRange(0.6, 1);

TransTable->SetSaturationRange(0, 1);

TransTable->SetAlphaRange (0,1);

TransTable->SetValueRange(range[0],range[1]*1.5);

TransTable->Build();

Imagemaptocolors

orthogonalimageColors->SetLookupTable(TransTable);

orthogonalimageColors->SetOutputFormatToRGBA();