[vtkusers] vtkContourFilter interpolation settings?

Khew Sing Yoong sykhew at simbiosys.ca
Thu Apr 13 13:24:36 EDT 2006

hi,

i am trying to draw a (coloured) surface of a chemical molecule using
vtkContourFilter.
the surface is coloured by an explicit scalar array based on its
interacting properties, which are then mapped via a lookup table to its
appropriate colours.

the problem that i am facing is that vtkContourFilter does some
interpolation of the surface, and similarly this interpolation is done
to the (colour) scalars as well. in the context of chemistry, the
"avarage" of 2 reactions does not mean a third, thus rendering my
surface with some really funny colours (especially the in-betweens).

so my question is, is there a way to specify different interpolating
functions for scalars in the vtkContourFilter? or are there other
filters out there that i may not be aware of?

any help will very much be appreciated. :)

thank you!

noob