[vtkusers] Re: VTK with Borland C++ Builder

Russell Hind rh_gmane at mac.com
Thu Apr 13 03:37:42 EDT 2006

Santiago Rodríguez wrote:
> Hello, I want to develope an application for head reconstruction with
> VTK and Borland C++ Builder.
> Prease, can you guide me about how to compile VTK with Borland C++ Builder?
> Thank you very much.
> Bioeng. Santiago Rodríguez

We use VTK 4.2 and 4.4 with BCB6.  It is easy. Download cmake (the link
is on the vtk website).  Run cmaake and point the source and output
directory to the root of the extracted VTK source.  Select borland
makefiles as the desired output.  I'd change the 'CMAKE_BULD_TYPE' to
'Release' as unless you really want to debug VTK code, there's no point
having the slower performance.  CMake will then generate the makefiles
for you.

Then open a dos prompt window and change to the extracted VTK directoy
and type

make

And this will build the libs in to a folder called 'bin' for you.

You then need to manually link with the libs in your application.

Cheers

Russell