[vtkusers] Offscreen rendering

John Norris jnorris at mcs.anl.gov
Tue Apr 11 10:18:15 EDT 2006

Hi,

I cannot for the life of me get offscreen rendering to work.  This is on
AIX 5.4, VTK from CVS, Mesa 6.5 (compiled with mangling), everything
compiled with xlC_r.  I've configured VTK with VTK_USE_MANGLED_MESA on,
OPENGL_gl_LIBRARY set to /usr/lib/libGL.a, MANGLED_MESA_LIBRARY set to
the Mesa lib I compiled, and MANGLED_OSMESA_LIBRARY set to the OSMesa
lib I compiled.

I can compile and run the attached program, and everything works fine.
A window pops up, and a nice tiff file is created.  But if I run it with
the "-os" option, the tiff file is just a black square.

I've been working on this for days, searching the mailing list and
trying different compile options, but to no avail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
John
--