[vtkusers] Re: how to determine Holes in Polydata ?

bailleul jonathan jonathan.bailleul at utc.fr
Tue Apr 11 07:03:10 EDT 2006

That's it!

If you just want to check if there are holes, then you're done.

If you want to repair the polydata after the process, the idea is to
locate the edges delimitating the 'hole' on the closed polydata surface
- since i'm always in trouble for locating whch class can perform a
given task, I did it in retrieving the number of neighbors  of each edge
with polydata (?) class.

Then, if the hole is limited to a single triangle, that's easy: just
check if, given the AB border edge, you can find both BC and AC as
border edges, then add ABC triangle to the polydata.

For bigger holes, I started to build a path of border edges, then
finding a way to patch the hole using a foreign class from Verant I hand
under my hand, but many bugs are still present...

my 2 cents again,