[vtkusers] Newbie Linking error on Linux and Java please

Dário Oliveira dariodisk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 10 21:23:18 EDT 2006

Hi, I've tried a lot of stuff, I've read many pages of the list, but I just
can't link correctly the library in my java code on Linux. I have the same
code running on Windows, but I don't know what else I can do to run that on
Linux.

Here is one of the lines that gives me the java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
System.loadLibrary("vtkCommonJava");

On windows it works when I copy the *.dll files to the windows/system
directory. In Linux, where do I have to copy? I've tried the export
LD_LIBRATY_PATH thing with ~/VTK/bin/ but it didnt work. I've tried also the
ldconfig, and editing ld.so.conf thing but it didnt work as well.

What should I do? I'm really lost here, I'd thank any help.

thanks in advance.

--
Dário Oliveira