[vtkusers] Compiling Errors with Visual Stdudio 2005

lurbano at usb.ve lurbano at usb.ve
Mon Apr 10 08:43:10 EDT 2006

Hi:
I had the same problem  compiling VTK with Visual Studio 8 Profesional. This is
the solution to the warning for  the deprecate definition.

Another problem is to know what is the good reference for the file
vtkConfigure.h. The CMAKE 2.3.4 (the new version one)do not arrive to perform
the enviroment required before to compiling with Visual Studio 8 (in Windows
XP). For example, the file CMakeBackwardCompatibilityC (in Module Folder of
CMAKE2.3.4) is not considered the Visual Studio 8 case. (CMAKE_GENERATOR
MATCHES "Visual Studio 8").  When on try to compile VTK projet, inmediatly you
obtain the the follow errors:
vtkAbstractTransform.cxx
c:\vtk\common\vtkType.h(144) : fatal error C1189: #error :  "No native data
type
can represent an 8-bit integer."
vtkAbstractArray.cxx
c:\vtk\common\vtkType.h(144) : fatal error C1189: #error :  "No native data
type
can represent an 8-bit integer."
Generating Code.........

------ Build started: Project: vtkFiltering, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
Compiling...
vtkFilteringInstantiator.cxx
c:\vtk\common\vtkType.h(144) : fatal error C1189: #error :  "No native data
type
can represent an 8-bit integer."

.....and them.

It must be to define also the following file: CMakeVS8BackwardCompatibility and
CMakeVS8FindMake. The last two weeks, I have working the for this problem and I
do not arrive to compile VTK without errors. I think that i have some problem in
the configuration made by CMAKE.
Could some one send me the file vtkConfigure.h, please ?
Thank a lot in advance
L. Urbano