[vtkusers] wrl/oogl and volume rendering

Alle Meije Wink alle_meije at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 10 06:19:48 EDT 2006

Hi,

I have a 3D scene that consists of a set of isosurfaces, three planes
(all added to the renderer as vtkActor), and a set of 3D shapes which
are rendered as transparent volumes (with vtkVolume).

For presentation purposes, I used the vrml exporter to produce a wrl
file. I also use the oogl exporter to produce a file for geomview.

I have used
* geomview (to open oogl file, wrl file does not work)
* vrmlview (to open the wrl file)
* MayaVi (to open the wrl file)

and they all show the surfaces and the planes (although scalar [grey]
values are not always shown on the planes). The semitransparent shapes
(the vtkVolume object) does not appear to be in either of the files, or
at least not of the programs above displays them.

Is it not possible to export a vtkVolume to a wrl/oogl file?

Best wishes
Alle Meije Wink