[vtkusers] Bug in vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter

Kevin H. Hobbs kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu
Fri Apr 7 13:49:14 EDT 2006

I think I found a bug in vtkPolyDataConnectivityFilter, or at least
misleading documentation.

The Documentation for mode 4 says "4) extract all regions sharing
specified cell ids;" To me this means that the list of seed IDs will be
used to seed different regions. GetNumberOfExtractedRegions should give
me the number of seeds, and the regions should be colored differently if
SetColorRegions is on. This is not what happens. Instead
GetNumberOfExtractedRegions returns 1, and all the regions are given the
same region number.

Attached is the code I was using when I found this. I first edited it to
extract all regions, picked a bunch of regions, and then changed the
mode to extract only the picked regions.

Shouldn't the seed IDs be of vtkIDType for 64-bit IDs?