[vtkusers] vtkStreamTracer::MaximumPropagation

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Thu Apr 6 18:18:20 EDT 2006

Hi,

I don't understand how MaximumPropagation is used.
I read the VTK documentation on the web page. This didn't help a lot.
In the VTK User's Guide I cannot find any comment on that.

    streamline->SetMaximumPropagationUnitToTimeUnit();
    streamline->SetMaximumPropagation(1);
    streamline->SetMaximumNumberOfSteps(1);

When will the streamline stop integrating the streamline of a particle
with this setting?

MaximumPropagation=1 but how long is "1"? "1" is a time interval I guess.
Is the integration stopped after the first "stop-signal" is emitted:
NumberOfSteps>1 OR Propagation>1?

Thanks, M.B.