[vtkusers] Fwd: vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper & IndependantComponents

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Wed Apr 5 12:54:54 EDT 2006

Sending this to vtkUsers because i'm tired of fighting against the 40k
VTK-Developers limit.

Does the vtkProjectedTetrahedraMapper work with 2 or 4 component datasets? I
have a dataset with a 2-component scalar field (after alot of processing)
where I want the first component mapped to color and the the 2nd to
opacity.  Unfortunatly I seem to get the 2nd component mapped to both
opacity & a grayscale colormap.

I've attached 2 images.  the first (test-decent.jpg) is with a
single-component scalar mapped to both, showing kinda how I expect it.  I
modify it to add the extra component for opacity, which should just make the
top half of the image (above the sphere) transparent.  According to all the
stats I gather on the resulting scalar field, it looks good (number of
points, number of components, ranges, magnitudes, etc all look right).  The
second ( test.jpg) is with the dual-component scalar showing what comes out.

--
Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist,