[vtkusers] converting between itk and vtk

Chase Yarbrough vergil at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 18:49:53 EDT 2006

On 4/4/06, Kevin H. Hobbs <kevin.hobbs.1 at ohiou.edu> wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-04-03 at 20:16 -0700, Chase Yarbrough wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I need to convert images from VTK to ITK and back to VTK again after
> > processing.  How can I do this while preserving the origin of my images?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chase Yarbrough
>
> Do you want this to happen in the pipeline without saving to files and
> reloading?

Yes.  Currently I have a version working that saves to files and reloads,
but I would prefer to eliminate the extra I/O overhead.  I'm using
itk::VTKImageImport and vtk::vtkImageExport to connect the pipelines.
Connecting the pipelines seems to work at first, but when I run any filters
on the new itk image, I get an access violation in
itkImageConstIterator::Get().