[vtkusers] Re: Strange VTK Behavior...

Andrea Gavana andrea.gavana at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 13:42:04 EDT 2006

Hello NG,

    OK, after a day of trying different things, I have a VTK data file in
which only the first 2 vertical "layers" of my unstructured grid are shown.
The new grid is composed by 5014 hexahedron cells (having thus 40112
points), with a single property as scalar. By using the script attached to
the mail, I have checked that there are *NO* coincident cells. The file in
which the coincident cells should be stored comes out empty.
So, now, this is what I have by trying my script, Mayavi and Paraview:

1) My script:  http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/myscript.JPG
2) Mayavi: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/mayavi.jpg
3) Paraview: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/paraview.jpg

All of them shows this problematic behavior... the cells seems corrupted
with severe artifacts, even if I have checked that there are no coincident
cells (at this point I hope that my checking script is wrong...). The VTK
data file, for those interested in, is here:

http://xoomer.virgilio.it/infinity77/KPO5.zip

Is about 250 Kb, much smaller than the other :-)

I really hope that I am doing something wrong somewhere... otherwise it
starts to look like a bug, but I am clearly too inexperienced to talk about
bugs.

Thank you very mucg for your help and suggestions.

Andrea.