[vtkusers] Problem with Java wrapping, linux 64

Dário Oliveira dariodisk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 22:17:46 EST 2006

Hi friends, I was trying to build a java vtk library. I got the jdk linux
version for amd64, the VTK 5.0 for linux, and Cmake 2.0.5 for linux as well.
I try the ccmake command, got in the screen, but when I press c to configure
the cmake lists, I got this error:

CMake Error: An attempt was made to access a variable: CMAKE_WORDS_BIGENDIAN
that has not been defined. Some variables were always defined by CMake in
versions prior to 1.6. To fix this you might need to set the cache value of
CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.4 or less. If you are writing a CMakeList
file, (or have already set CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATABILITY to 1.4 or less)
then you probably need to include a CMake module to test for the feature
this variable defines.
CMake Error: An attempt was made to access a variable: CMAKE_WORDS_BIGENDIAN
that has not been defined. Some variables were always defined by CMake in
versions prior to 1.6. To fix this you might need to set the cache value of
CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY to 1.4 or less. If you are writing a CMakeList
file, (or have already set CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATABILITY to 1.4 or less)
then you probably need to include a CMake module to test for the feature
this variable defines.
CMake Error: An attempt was made to access a variable: CMAKE_SIZEOF_INT that
[...]

And then it quits. I've tried to change the CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY
value to 1.4 and less, but it didn't help.
I need the library files, so as to run my program in linux as well, in
Windows is working fine, bur unfortunatelly I need it on linux.

thanks in advance.
--
Dário Oliveira