[vtkusers] Surface contours from points

Nicolau Werneck nwerneck at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 18:12:14 EDT 2005

I don't know my vtk version.  It looks like it's 4.4.2, since these
numbers are in the library files, and this number is also on the
package description, but it would be nice if a vtk command would tell
me the version so I can be sure.  python version is
2.3.5

The error message, for your pleasure is:

nwerneck at debian:~$ python DelMesh.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "DelMesh.py", line 25, in ?
    mapMesh.SetInputConnection(delny.GetOutputPort())
AttributeError: SetInputConnection

I also tried a C++ example.  I don't know if something is missing in
the compilation line.  It's interesting to notice that the
GetOutputPort method is also missing!!   And it doesn't show up on a
dir(delnyE) also, in python

nwerneck at debian:~/tc/ex02$ g++ finance.cxx -o finance -I /usr/include/vtk
In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/strstream:51,
                 from /usr/include/vtk/vtkIOStream.h:32,
                 from /usr/include/vtk/vtkSystemIncludes.h:40,
                 from /usr/include/vtk/vtkIndent.h:24,
                 from /usr/include/vtk/vtkObjectBase.h:43,
                 from /usr/include/vtk/vtkObject.h:41,
                 from /usr/include/vtk/vtkProp.h:28,
                 from /usr/include/vtk/vtkProp3D.h:33,
                 from /usr/include/vtk/vtkActor.h:32,
                 from finance.cxx:15:
/usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This fi
le includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using
one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples in
clude substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sst
ream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning us
e -Wno-deprecated.
finance.cxx:31:30: vtkTestUtilities.h: No such file or directory
finance.cxx: In function `int main(int, char**)':
finance.cxx:40: error: `vtkTestUtilities' undeclared (first use this function)
finance.cxx:40: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
   each function it appears in.)
finance.cxx:40: error: syntax error before `::' token
finance.cxx:54: error: `GetOutputPort' undeclared (first use this function)
finance.cxx:54: error: `SetInputConnection' undeclared (first use this
   function)
nwerneck at debian:~/tc/ex02$

So, I'm pretty sure it's some mess with my installation...   But the
vtk ommands issued from octave, using the octaviz library, are working
pretty well (that is, I can do a vtk_contour3  command)

What is that output port thing afterall?  Is it part of the recent API
changes? :S
I must finish my home work!! :(((

thank you all...

--