[vtkusers] OrthogonalPlanesWithTkPhoto.py

Rohan Hughes frostillicusetcetera at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 29 00:00:16 EDT 2005

I am trying to run the Example OrthogonalPlanesWithTkPhoto.py that comes with VTK4.4. When i open it, only the two sliders appear on the screen. But the three planes do not. If i run the corresponding OrthogonalPlanesWithTkPhoto.tcl it works just fine. The error i get is:

Exception in Tkinter callback
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python24\lib\lib-tk\Tkinter.py", line 1345, in __call__
    return self.func(*args)
  File "C:\VTK\Examples\GUI\Python\OrthogonalPlanesWithTkPhoto.py", line 117, in SetWindowLevel
    self.SetImages()
  File "C:\VTK\Examples\GUI\Python\OrthogonalPlanesWithTkPhoto.py", line 127, in SetImages
    Level )
  File "C:\VTK\Wrapping\Python\vtk\tk\vtkTkPhotoImage.py", line 26, in PutImageSlice
    self.tk.eval ( s )
TclError: could not find vtkImageData: _0121df0c_p_vtkImageDa

i'm not sure i understand what is wrong here. Is somethign wrong with my vtkImageData files? I don't have another installation I can check with.

Any suggestions?
Rohan