[vtkusers] inconsistent dll linkage

Leonardo Soto M. leonardosoto at udec.cl
Fri Sep 23 11:41:03 EDT 2005

Dear VTKusers,

I'm trying to implement my own interaction style by extending
vtkInteractorStyle, but I'm getting "inconsistent dll linkage". I'm working
under the following configuration:

- MS Visual Studio 7

- I'm developing a dll

- CMAKE  Build_Shared Libraries  = On

- vtk 5 (September 23, 2005)

I don't understand what is going on, because I did a similar thing under
Linux and it worked.

I would appreciate any help or comments.

Leonardo Soto

University of Concepcion

Visual Build Dump:

objectInteractorStyle.cpp
objectInteractorStyle.cpp(6) : warning C4273:
ObjectInteractorStyle::CollectRevisions' : inconsistent dll linkage
objectInteractorStyle.cpp(7) : error C2509: 'New' : member function not
declared in 'ObjectInteractorStyle'
... see declaration of ObjectInteractorStyle'
objectInteractorStyle.cpp(10) : error C2511:
'ObjectInteractorStyle::ObjectInteractorStyle(void)' : overloaded member
function not found in 'ObjectInteractorStyle'
... see declaration of 'ObjectInteractorStyle'
objectInteractorStyle.cpp(14) : warning C4273:
'ObjectInteractorStyle::~ObjectInteractorStyle' : inconsistent dll linkage
objectInteractorStyle.cpp(18) : warning C4273:
'ObjectInteractorStyle::OnMouseMove' : inconsistent dll linkage
objectInteractorStyle.cpp(22) : warning C4273:
'ObjectInteractorStyle::OnLeftButtonDown' : inconsistent dll linkage
objectInteractorStyle.cpp(26) : warning C4273:
'ObjectInteractorStyle::OnLeftButtonUp' : inconsistent dll linkage
objectInteractorStyle.cpp(30) : warning C4273:
'ObjectInteractorStyle::OnRightButtonDown' : inconsistent dll linkage
objectInteractorStyle.cpp(34) : warning C4273:
'ObjectInteractorStyle::OnRightButtonUp' : inconsistent dll linkage
2 error(s), 7 warning(s)