[vtkusers] vtk 4.2 and 4.4 install problems on Mac OS X Tiger; event handling problems

Chris Scharver scharver at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 09:45:21 EDT 2005

On 9/23/05, Martin Costabel <costabel at wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> Sean McBride wrote:
> []
> > Post back if 5.0 doesn't fix it.
>
> As soon as vtk-5.0 really exists, there will also be a Fink package. It
> is somewhat frustrating to hear all this talk about vtk-5.0 and not
> seeing it released. CVS is not an option for a Fink package; we need a
> non-moving target.

DarwinPorts is facing the same issue--although CVS support is
available, it's strongly discouraged. Perhaps we could create a
snapshot tarball and both fink and DP could use that? One problem with
snapshots is finding a place to host them. I haven't recompiled VTK on
my laptop for a while, but maybe I should give the 5.0 branch a try,
as another problem is choosing a snapshot that's rather reliable..

Chris