[vtkusers] How to use EraseOff() and EraseOn()

Moore, Kiamkia Dakika k.d.moore at nsu.edu
Wed Sep 21 10:18:54 EDT 2005

View As Web Page
Hello.  I created a parabola by using the vtkquadric and vtkSampleFunction.
Then, I created a solid of revolution by rotating  that parabola about an
axis. Under vtkRenderer, I used EraseOff() so that I can actually see the
process of the solid being created. But, when I go to interact with the
solid, the picture becomes distorted.  The axes are redrawn everytime I
click/move the mouse. But when I use EraseOn(), after the rotation, I see the
inital parabola that I started with, but I want to see the solid instead.
So, how do I go about viewing the actual rotation of the parabola, interact
with the solid with the mouse, and stop the axes from moving and become
distorted???

Thank you