[vtkusers] VTK equivalent of Paraview SetInterpolateColorsFlag

Bruno da Silva de Oliveira bruno at esss.com.br
Thu Sep 15 11:15:53 EDT 2005

Hi Paul,

Paul Cochrane wrote:

>Thanks for that Francois!  It looks like it's the right thing to use,
>unfortunately, I'm restricted a bit to vtk version 4.2.  Maybe one can't do
>that within that version of vtk...

We also use vtk-4.2, and I implemented rendering with texture... until I
learned that this works out of the box in vtk-5.0 ;)

First you have to normalize the scalars and put them as the 's' values
of the  texture coordinates (t can be set to 0). Next, you have to
generate a 1D texture of the lookup table you would like to use and set
that as the actor's texture. Finally, turn off the scalar coloring of
the mapper.

I implemented filters to do the first two steps, vtkScalarsToTCoords (to
generate the texture coordiantes) and vtkLookupTableToImage (to generate
the texture)... I can send you the source code, but it is implemented in
Python. :)

HTH,

--
Bruno da Silva de Oliveira
bruno at esss.com.br
ESSS - Engineering Simulation and Scientific Software
http://www.esss.com.br