[vtkusers] VTK equivalent of Paraview SetInterpolateColorsFlag

Paul Cochrane cochrane at esscc.uq.edu.au
Tue Sep 13 20:12:38 EDT 2005

Unfortunately, no.  I tried that.  It seems to be Gouraud interpolated by
default anyway.  Also, that's a separate option in paraview to the
interpolate colours flag, so one can have flat or Gouraud shading but still
have interpolated colours.

> how about
> actor->GetProperty()->SetInterpolationToFlat(); // flat shading
> actor->GetProperty()->SetInterpolationToGouraud();  // smooth shaded
> (with point values)
>
> Paul Cochrane wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm wanting to replicate the colour interpolation one can obtain of a
> >surface from within paraview with vtk.  Paraview has a flag that one can
> >set
> >that makes the colour interpolation very nice when one is viewing a grid in
> >a surface representation and I'm wondering what I have to do in vtk to
> >obtain the same output.  To explain what I mean, I'm attaching two images
> >this email.  In interpColorsOff.jpg one sees a nice range of colours
> >(notably the yellow and green) in the peak, whereas in interpColorsOn.jpg
> >there is just the red in the same place, which is the same output as what I
> >get with vtk.  I managed to track the difference down to the
> >SetInterpolateColorsFlag within paraview, however this doesn't seem to
> >exist
> >in vtk, and I'm wondering what I have to do (if at all possible) within vtk
> >to get the same result as having SetInterpolateColorsFlag set to Off.
> >
> >Any help would be greatly appreciated!
> >
> >Paul Cochrane

Paul Cochrane
Computational Scientist/Software Developer
Earth Systems Science Computational Centre
Rm 703, SMI Building
University of Queensland
Brisbane
Queensland 4072