[vtkusers] ImageViewer2 extent problem

David Borland borland at cs.unc.edu
Fri Sep 9 15:51:56 EDT 2005

I'm using ImageViewer2 to view some images.  For right now, I have a
very simple pipeline:

vtkImageReader->vtkImageViewer2

It works fine when initially loading an image.  However, when reading a
new image, it does not work correctly.  If the new image is larger than
the old image, the image does not look correct, and when it is smaller
than the old image, the image is again incorrect, and there is an
'Update extent does not lie within whole extent' error.

It appears that the new whole extent is being correctly propagated
through the pipeline, but the update extent is not.  I've noticed
similar problems on the mailing list, but have not been able to find a
solution.  Can anyone help me out?  Thanks,

David