[vtkusers] vtkImagePlaneWidget (Events and Interaction)

robert tamburo rtamburo2000 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 8 10:23:14 EDT 2005

I am currently visualizing a 3D image with 3
vtkImagePlaneWidgets. I have observers setup for each
plane such that when I click a pixel in a plane, the
location is recorded and a sphere is drawn. As of now
the event that triggers the action is
StartInteractionEvent.

StartInteractionEvent is problematic because I cannot
move the planes without triggering the action. I've
tried using LeftButtonPressEvent, but it doesn't seem
to work for actors (along with other specific mouse
events). Is there a way to make vtkImagePlaneWidgets
listen for a LeftButtonPressEvent ?

My current workaround is to disable the action when I
want to move the slice. It's a little cumbersome, but
acceptable if no other option exists.

Also... is there a way to disable rotation for
vtkImagePlaneWidgets? There's a RotationEnabledOff()
function for other widgets like vtkBoxWidget, but one
does not exist for this widget.

My current workaround is to reset the planes
orientation anytime I accidentally rotate the plane.
Cumbersome, but it works... it'd be alot more
convenient to just disable the rotation.

Thanks for any input!

-Robert