[vtkusers] vtkImageFFT Magnitude

Randall Hand randall.hand at gmail.com
Wed Sep 7 15:04:20 EDT 2005

I have a 3D 128^3 volume of data, containing a velocity vector. I use a
vtkArrayCalculator to extract a single component of the velocity (X in this
case), and use the vtkImageFFT to compute a Fourier Transform of the data.

The original data is of the range -0.02 to 0.02, but computing the magnitude
of the resulting FFT dataset yields a minimum value of 6*10^20, and a
Maximum of over *10^24. Can anyone explain what might be happening here?
Parseval's theorem states that the resulting FFT should be of similar
magnitude to the input data.

--
Randall Hand
Visualization Scientist