[vtkusers] volume rendering content does not fit into the isosurface

Lisa Avila lisa.avila at kitware.com
Tue Sep 6 11:30:42 EDT 2005

vtkImageData has an Origin, which is used by the volume mappers to
correctly place the volume in 3D space. It is also used by the contour
filter to produce correct 3D vertices for the triangles. These should match
up. If they do not, then the origin / extent  for the data you are passing
into the contour filter does not match the origin / extent  of the data
going into the volume mapper (or there is a bug - but intermixed
isosurfaces / volume rendering is something that is tested nightly....)

Lisa