[vtkusers] new pipeline question - origin update incorrect

dean.inglis at camris.ca dean.inglis at camris.ca
Mon Sep 5 14:45:51 EDT 2005

In trying to figure out why my input image data
to a image display pipeline is not passing the correct
origin, I would like to know if/how I can force the executive
controlling the filter accepting this input
(vtkImageMapToWindowLevelColors) to take up the
new origin (BTW, the data is created "by hand" like that done
in VTK/Widgets/Testing/Python/TestImgePlaneWidget.py)

Do I do this using say

 // data is a ptr to an instance of vtkImageData

  data->CopyInformationToPipeline(  ?, ? )

or

  vtkInformation* info = filter->GetExecutive()->GetOutputInformation();
  info->Set(vtkDataObject::ORIGIN(), data->GetOrigin(), 3);

???

As I get up to speed on the new pipeline, am I correct
to understand that the executive takes ownership of
the filter's output and is responsible for assigning
image data spacing and origin?  In my app, it seems that when I
pass a new image into the filter, the previous input's
origin and spacing are still being assigned to the
filter's output image.

Also, is there a revised/more current pdf of
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/images/8/80/Pipeline.pdf
????

Dean