[vtkusers] change contrast in volume object (it's too dark)

powerhouseofexcellence powerhouseofexcellence at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 09:03:59 EDT 2005

Hi all,
 I have the VTK users guide book (version 4.4) and was reading to see how to
edit the diffuse/ambient etc to make my volumes look brighter (problem from
an earlier post). But I'm doing a MIP, and the book says that these
parameters and the ShadingOn() are ignored by MIP rendering. So my MIP still
looks dark, any way to increase their brightness? I am using the scalar
value as the maximize function.
 I was hoping that since the volume data is being passed to the render
window somewhere, maybe there would be a chance to set the output of the
volume renderer into a window level filter which is then passed along to the
render window. So only the final output is window/leveled and this could be
a quick operation. Is this possible?
 Thanks