[vtkusers] probe cells of vtkPlaneSource output

John Harris lost_bits1110 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 1 10:56:48 EDT 2005

Hello

I have an unstructured grid that has velocity values associated at each
node.  A vtkPlaneSource slices this mesh and the velocity values that it
encounters are then color coded onto teh screen.

The output of vtkPlaneSource is just a square block of quad cells. Is there
a way to probe each of these cells and find out if the velocity value it
encountered was from the mesh or not? (I know a simple way to do this would
be just to check if it has a non-zero velocity, if it does then that cell
definately lies on top of the mesh. The problem is that values from the mesh
can also be zero, and for these cases we dont know if they're from the mesh
or not)

Let me know if you need clarification,

Thank you kindly for any suggestions,

JH