[vtkusers] Porting Osirix to Linux / Windows

Mike Jackson maillist at bluequartz.net
Tue Oct 25 19:03:23 EDT 2005

vImage is accelerated for the AltiVec engine where as my guess is
that VTK is _not_ (I have not even looked that deep, but I would
guess AltiVec optimizations are not even on the radar of VTK). So
there  is most likely a large speed difference between vImage and the
vtk Image processing routines.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike Jackson