[vtkusers] vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter

Rohan Hughes frostillicusetcetera at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:43:56 EDT 2005

I have a set of of points that i wish to construct a surface from.
I firstly just displayed it as a bunch of points (using vtkPolyVertex) and it looked like it should.
I then tried to use vtkSurfaceReconstructionFilter to make a surface. Some of the surface turns out ok, but the rest seems to flare out into parts where there are no points. I'm quite confused as to why it does that. I can only really explain this with a picture
I also tried to use vtkDelaunay3D but after fiddleling with the SetAlpha() and I was able to create a reasonably nice surface. it wasn't as nice as the surfaceReconstructionFilter one, and it joined some points that shouldn't be joined

I am unsure what I should do next. images are attached if they help explain it better

Thank you in advance

Rohan