[vtkusers] Initialize interactor

Laurent Paul Laurent.Paul at orto.ucl.ac.be
Wed Oct 19 04:56:26 EDT 2005

Hi users,

I'm building a silly 3D viewer.
I use FLTK and VTK. So I use vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor.

I call a first function which builds the pipeline for the viewer.
Then, I call another function which loads a volume from dicom files.
It works but, there is something I don't understand:
I NEVER call the Initialize function for the interactor.
I just call renWindow->Render() in a try/catch bloc and the volume is
displayed.
I can even interact with it!

I guessed I HAD to call Initialize() before any interaction.

Why does it work?!
Is vtkFlRenderWindowInteractor works in a different way?
Is Render() call the Initialize function?

Thanks for any explanation!

Laurent.