[vtkusers] get data values at line

Fabian Braennstroem f.braennstroem at gmx.de
Wed Oct 19 03:10:26 EDT 2005

Hi,

I read my EnSight Case with the 'vtkGenericEnSightReader'
and I am able to find the max velocity with:

  maxVelocity=reader.GetOutput().GetPointData().GetVectors().GetMaxNorm();

Now, I would like to read the actual velocity at certain
points and/or lines and write them to an external file. Can
I do this using the probe filter or is there anything
similar to 'GetActualValue(x1,y1,z1,x2,y2,z2)', where I
define the point/line and get the values!? Afterwards I would
use a simple 'print' in Cxx/Python/Tcl.

Best Greetings!
Fabian