[vtkusers] Encapsulating VTK files in DICOM

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at kitware.com
Mon Oct 17 15:15:55 EDT 2005

David,

	Just to make sure we are speaking of the same thing, you are refering
to the XML-based VTK file format as describe online at:

	http://vtk.org/pdf/file-formats.pdf

	What exactly are you looking for ? XML-VTK file can support dataset of
type: ImageData, StructuredGrid, PolyData, UnstructuredGrid ... So the
question would be for ImageData type, should we respect let say Imager
Pixel Spacing ? Then in the case of an UnstructuredGrid, how can the
DICOM file describe the number of cells, a new DICOM tag ?

My 2 cents,
Mathieu