[vtkusers] using Vtk with Java

Ziad Rahhal ziz79 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 16 11:30:58 EDT 2005

Dear vtk users,

I have j2sdk-1.4.1 and I installed vtk4.2 (From the
Wintel Pre-Compiled Binaries, vtk42-LatestRelease.exe)

My directory structure: Program Files
                                  vtk42
                                     bin
                                       vtk.jar

What should I exactly do with "vtk.jar" in order to be
able to work with vtk using Java?
I saw some hints in the mailing list but I couldn't
track the problem that guy had from the beginning. So
I couldn't configure it properly.

By the way I am using the Sun ONE Studio as an IDE.
And I will be working with GUI and a Medical dataset.

Waiting for your help.

Ziad