[vtkusers] convex and concave surface reconstruction from random scatterred cloud points

Mr.Y Escaloy at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 23:00:19 EDT 2005

Hi,ALL
    I am using VTK to processing points cloud, the points is not not much dense, and random scattered all over,not just on the hull,but also inside the cloud. My target is to reconstruct the closed envelop of all these points, and render it within VTK. The envelop is expected have detailed surface ,which has both convex and concave area. But the vtkReconstrutionSurfaceFiler and the vtkDelaunyxx seems work well only in convex hulls. I am told something like "rubber skin" may help, but have no idea of what it is.  Does anybody know what I am to do with all these points, or is there a algrythm to solve this. Any suggestion is appreciated, THANKS.

Bruce