[vtkusers] VTK install on MacOS X 10.3.9

Mayank Singh mayank at viz.tamu.edu
Thu Oct 13 00:35:59 EDT 2005

While trying to install VTK on Mac OSX 10.3.9 - I am getting the following error
message -

Linking CXX shared library bin/libvtkGenericFiltering.dylib
Scanning dependencies of target ProcessShader
Building CXX object
Utilities/MaterialLibrary/CMakeFiles/ProcessShader.dir/ProcessShader.o
Linking CXX executable bin/ProcessShader
Generating vtkMaterialXMLLibrary.h
dyld: ../../bin/ProcessShader can't open library: libvtksys.dylib.5.1  (No such
file or directory, errno = 2)
make[2]: *** [Utilities/MaterialLibrary/vtkMaterialXMLLibrary.h] Error 133
make[1]: ***
[Utilities/MaterialLibrary/CMakeFiles/vtkMaterialLibraryConfiguredFiles.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Reading installation instructions off the this page --
http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/06/28/data_visualization.html?page=2

I edited the CMakeCache.txt to add the following line -
// OS X CMake build VTK with shared libraries
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON

When I attempted 'make' again - I got the following message.
Generating vtkMaterialXMLLibrary.h
dyld: ../../bin/ProcessShader can't open library: libvtksys.dylib.5.1  (No such
file or directory, errno = 2)
make[2]: *** [Utilities/MaterialLibrary/vtkMaterialXMLLibrary.h] Error 133
make[1]: ***
[Utilities/MaterialLibrary/CMakeFiles/vtkMaterialLibraryConfiguredFiles.dir/all]
Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Can anyone please help me?
Also there are better instructions to install VTK on mac, please guide me.

Thank you,
Mayank
VIZ Laboratory
Texas A&M University