[vtkusers] coordinate systems

Srinivasan, Rajagopalan (GE Healthcare) Rajagopalan.Srinivasan at ge.com
Wed Oct 12 10:53:18 EDT 2005

all,

i am a newbie at vtk and have this question about coordinate systems wrt kinematics.

i have an object say a rod - B. It can move about freely in 3d space
attached to B is D another rod through a link. D can move about relative to B in some constrained ways.

if I can set the coordinate system of D to be attached to B then I can make D move according to its rules relative to B. B however can move around as commanded by the user.

I hope I have expressed my problem clearly.

I am looking for some vtk guidance on how to achieve this. an example if at all possible in python might help immensely.

regards,

srini

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachment is intended only for the exclusive and confidential use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail immediately and delete the message from your computer without making any copies. Please see http://www.ge.com.au/help/email_privacy_policy.html for information about our privacy practices.