[vtkusers] How to read header in TIFF images

H.Vidal, Jr. hvidal at tesseract-tech.com
Mon Oct 10 11:28:38 EDT 2005

If vtk cannot do this for you, it may itself be using libTIFF to do this.
Which means you should have all the functionality of libTIFF in apps
that use VTK. I find it hard to imagine that the VTK coders wrote the
entire TIFF reader infrastructure from scratch.....anybody care to comment
on this?

In any case, take a look at libtiff, it's easy to use, it's included in
pretty
much every *nix system I have ever encountered, and it works pretty well.

http://www.remotesensing.org/libtiff/

hv