[vtkusers] VTK on Mac OSX

Chris Scharver scharver at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 12:50:17 EDT 2005

On 9/29/05, Mike Jackson <maillist at bluequartz.net> wrote:
> Back in late June I was able to get VTK version 4.2.6 from cvs to
> build using cmake version 2.0.5. After that I haven't been able to
> get VTK of any version to build. Supposedly VTK 5.0 (which is not
> officially released) to build but I have not had any luck with it.
>    When it did build, I used GCC 4.0 running on OS X 10.4.2.

You might consider compiling with DarwinPorts
<http://darwinports.opendarwin.org/>. A lot of patches have been
back-ported to make VTK 4.2.6 compile with gcc 4 on Tiger. Not all
bindings are available through the ports, but if you give things a try
and need additional features, you can submit them for inclusion within
the VTK Portfile.

Hope this helps,
Chris