[vtkusers] vtkPlaneWidget overlapping RayCast Volume

Tiago tiago.faria at cenpra.gov.br
Wed Oct 5 08:06:04 EDT 2005

Hi Guys!

Having a raycast volume, when I rotate the plane (a vtkPlaneWidget) it
overlaps the volume when it is on top of it. I mean, it is just as if the
volume were backwards. However, they're in the same depth. Then, if I rotate
the plane again, it still stays in a forward plane.

Is it some plane property I'm not setting correctly? Has anyone ever had a
problem similar to this? Does someone knows the solution?

Thanks!

Tiago

ps: here is the part of the code, when I create the plane:

        property = vtk.vtkProperty()
        property.SetFrontfaceCulling(1)
        property.FrontfaceCullingOn()

        self.planeWidgetx = vtk.vtkImagePlaneWidget()
        self.planeWidgetx.SetInput(cast.GetOutput())
        self.planeWidgetx.SetPlaneOrientationToXAxes()
        self.planeWidgetx.SetSliceIndex(0)
        self.planeWidgetx.SetResliceInterpolateToLinear()
        self.planeWidgetx.GetPlaneProperty().SetColor(1,0,0)
        self.planeWidgetx.SetTexturePlaneProperty(property)

        (...)

        iact = iren._Iren
        self.iact = iact
        self.planeWidgetx.SetInteractor(iact)