[vtkusers] vtkLandmarkTransform help

Theodore Papatheodorou tp500 at doc.ic.ac.uk
Mon Oct 3 09:47:58 EDT 2005

Hi,
I am trying to do a landmark registration using the vtkLandmarkTransform
and it is not working correctly. I use dummy data which I manually
translate, then pass it through the filter and see if the correct
translation matrix is returned. Indeed it is! However, whenever I try to
do the same with a scaling it does not return the correct scaling. It
also has problems with affine transforms. Basically whenever the filter
has to deal with 9 or 15 degrees of freedom it returns some very strange
results.
Has anyone noticed it before and/or know what causes it? Is it a bug?
tp