[vtkusers] tkrenderwidget vtkrenderwindow

Rohan Hughes frostillicusetcetera at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 2 12:57:00 EDT 2005

HI,
I have searched through the mailing list for this problem. and its been asked numerous times. But hasn't been answered. THe only answer I found was for Tcl. And it doesn't seem to work for python.

I'm using python and vtk 4.4 and using the tkrenderwidget in my program. i have a button to stop the rendering. when i press this i get the message:

A TkRenderWidget is being destroyed before it associated vtkRenderWindow is destroyed. This is very bad and usually due to the order in which objects are being destroyed. Always destroy the vtkRenderWindow before destroying the user interface components.

I have tried to delete the render window. by doing tkrenwidget.GetRenderWindow().Delete() but there is an attribute error. I'm not sure how to delete objects in python anyway.

can anyone help me out?

Rohan