[vtkusers] Get the outline edge of any 3d object

Gilbert Mensah gilbertmensah at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 10:09:24 EST 2005

HI everyone,

I am new to vtk and i'm trying to get the outline
edges of any 3d object in VTK.I tried using the
edgeExtractor but nothing shows up on the screen when
i run my code,i tried an outline filter works,but just
creates a rectangular outline around any model.Can
anybody help me out...here is my outline filter code

outlinefilter->SetInput((vtkDataSet
*)reader1->GetOutput());
outlineMapper->SetInput(outlinefilter->GetOutput());
outlineActor->SetMapper(outlineMapper);
outlineActor->GetProperty()->SetColor(0,1,0);
outlineActor->GetProperty()->SetAmbient( 0 );

-Gilbert