[vtkusers] vtkBmpReader access violation

Mattias Bair mattias.bair at cnh.at
Mon Nov 21 10:36:04 EST 2005

Hi everybody,

I'm a VTK newbie and so I have a problem reading bmp files. As my
programming environment I'm using Borland builder. The following code should
show you my proceeding.

vtkBMPReader* vtkBmpImage = vtkBMPReader::New();
vtkBmpImage->SetFileName( "/Temp/xxxx_cl_DB.bmp" );
vtkBmpImage->Update();

At the last line I'll get an error of the code guard which says that the
program attempts to access 65 bytes but there were only 64 bytes allocated
for this array. I don't know which array is meant because I only get the
compiled code of a dll I think. Is there a special type of bitmap used, does
anybody have an idea what's wrong?

Thx for your help.