[vtkusers] Re: Customized interaction in Tk

Roger Blum roger_blum at swissonline.ch
Thu Nov 17 20:10:56 EST 2005

Hello Olivier,

Thanks for this hint. I think now I have understood how it is suposed to
work.

What I do now:
I use the interactor I get with GetInteractor from my render window (only a
reference, no new instance!)
I create my own interactorstyles by instantiating an existing
interactorstyle (the one that matches my needs best). I then add additional
observers to handle my application specific behavior.

So far this seems to work. If there is an easier or more elegant way to do
custom interaction with Tk, please let me know.

Thanks again,
Roger
"Olivier Feys" <olivier.feys at gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:d4a3be2c0511160434v69af1d51x at mail.gmail.com...
Hello Roger,

I had the same problem. What you have to do is to use the
vtkTkRenderWindowInteractor, which is in fact an interactor but that
contains a renderwindow(yout can get it with GetRenderWindow) All the
methods SetStyle work correctly.

Olivier