[vtkusers] ASCII to Binary conversion

Olivier Feys olivier.feys at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 10:29:49 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm currently handling ASCII vtk files containing a big mesh with 16 scalars
fields and 16 vector fields (90Mb). The problem is that it's very slow when
I want to display other results. I think it's due to the updating of the
reader. I thus want to convert these files to binary vtk files. But when I
read it with an vtkUnstructuredGridReader and then put into a
vtkUnstructuredGridWriter, I only get the first scalar fields and the first
vector field in the binary file. Is there a middle to write all the fields
and not only the current scalar and current vector fields ?

Thanks in advance,

Olivier