[vtkusers] shared and dynamics libraries

Andres Gonzalez-Mancera piscinerome at tutopia.com
Thu Nov 10 22:25:14 EST 2005

Hi. I have installed on my iBook G4, running 10.4.3, VTK to be used
with MayaVi. Recently I read an article on developing Cocoa
applications using VTK and would like to play around with that.
Unfortunately the installation I have is completely different to what
I need for using VTK with Cocoa. Mainly, I compiled VTK with Carbon
support and Shared libraries ON, since this seemed to be the most
adequate configuration to run with MayaVi (and python for that matter).

For using with xCode and Cocoa I need dynamic libraries and Cocoa
support. My questions is: can I have both types of libraries living
together in the same system? If yes how? If no, what file do I need
to remove from my system to make a 'clean' installation of VTK with
the correct settings?

Thank you very much. I hope this is not trivial, the truth is that
I'm not a developer but just like playing and tinkering around with
computers.

Andres Gonzalez-Mancera
Bio-Fluid Mechanics Laboratory
UMBC