[vtkusers] Save view image without rendering

Divya Rathore divyaksr at iitk.ac.in
Tue Nov 8 16:38:43 EST 2005

Hi! All,

I have 2 querries..

[1]  Can I save a view as an image (say, bmp/jpg) without actually rendering
the scene onscreen?
Have got a couple of cut-n-dried procedures over volume data which I want to
save as images.

[2]  How do I control the camera angles programmatically? Is there a
documented list of numerical parameters for following? Please indicate other
such functions for 3D volume visulization.

vtkCamera *aCamera = vtkCamera::New();
aCamera->SetViewUp (0, 0, -1);  // what would these numerics do
geometrically?
aCamera->SetPosition (0, 1, 0);  // what would these numerics do
geometrically?
aCamera->SetFocalPoint (0, 0, 0);  // what would these numerics do
geometrically?
aCamera->Azimuth(90);  // what would these numerics do geometrically?
aCamera->Elevation(90);  // what would these numerics do geometrically?

Thank you in advance,
- D. Rathore